Lefferts Gardens, BROOKLYN, NEW YORK
The area was originally settled by a Dutch family in 1660. In 1893 the Lefferts estate was divided by James Lefferts into 600 building lots, now known as Lefferts Manor, and sold to developers. Lefferts observed construction from the Lefferts homestead, then located on Flatbush Avenue between Maple and Midwood Streets (now a historic museum located in Prospect Park). In order to ensure that the neighborhood would contain homes of a substantial nature, Lefferts attached land-use deed restrictions, dictating that each lot contain a single family residence built of brick or stone at least two stories in height, among other restrictions. The land-use covenant still exists in Lefferts Manor. Houses in Lefferts Manor were mostly constructed during the late 19th century, the last of which were constructed in the late 1950s. Patio Gardens, the last large development built before the wave of gentrification in the mid-2000s, was constructed in the early 1960s.
An ethnically diverse neighborhood bordering Brooklyn’s Prospect Park, Lefferts Garden mixes easy accessibility with down-to-earth amiability. Serving up some of NYC’s finest Caribbean cuisine on the ground floors of its brownstones and townhouses, this neighborhood is appreciated for its quiet streets and commuter-friendly location.
- Residential Rentals
- Residential Sales
- Commercial Leasing
- Commercial Sales